Sunday, April 21, 2013

Realm of Creativity or Succubus of Dread...?

     If you haven't gotten around to reading Dr. Chris Haskell's "How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (or Your first Year of Teaching), please do! Today I read chapter 1, which covered goal setting and implores the reader to reflect on what kind of teaching atmosphere they would prefer to teach in. I have given great thought as to the kind of environment I want my students to learn in, and I have also considered that what ideas I may have, could very well not work out and need to be changed.          
     I certainly want my classroom to be inviting, and encourage positivity and intellectual growth. Besides what it feels like, it also needs to look the part (without being overly distracting). I had thoughts of a classroom constitution, motivational/inspirational quotes and posters, a playful surrounding with access to technology, and round tables so that the students can interact and participate in group activities together. These are just a few things I want in my class, and this list certainly doesn't cover the gamut of ideas that I have. However which way it turns out, I am exceptionally thrilled about planning for, and creating my classroom workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment